About Me

Monday, June 4, 2012

Scratching Out the Words


Throughout the age
You will always be
Peering at the page
Of my memory
As I dip my pen
Into flowing tears
Scratching out the words
That depict the years
I have shared with you
On the wings of hope
Dormant as they are
I so try to cope
With the thought of you
Lying next to me
Though I’ll never feel
The reality
Of your hand in mine
Or your tender kiss
It would be divine
I would feel such bliss
So I press the days
As the petals fade
And gently tuck away
All the plans we’ve made
Waiting for the time
You’ll return to me
As the sands run through
And wash out to sea
I recount the hours
Naming one-by-one
All the fragrant flowers
We’d picked in the sun
The soft scent returns
To my memory
As I dip my pen
And float off to be
Once again with you
On the wings of love
Scratching out the words
That you’re so fond of

©Kay Salady


No comments:

Post a Comment