About Me

Monday, June 4, 2012

Of Flesh

Of flesh and blood and bone am I
With sacred breath this vessel filled
Descended from the heights to die

Born to live and too soon I die
This mortal soul that is strong-willed
Of flesh and blood and bone am I

Preordained from realms on high
Until my seasons are fulfilled
Descended from the heights to die

I shall ascend yes I shall fly
To burst into incandescent gild
Of flesh and blood and bone am I

In that moment’s splendor I
Shall be inclined to float so thrilled
Descended from the heights to die

Neither pain nor tears to cry
Within soft velvet night instilled
Of flesh and blood and bone am I
Descended from the heights to die

©Kay Salady

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kay,
    You have a beautiful blog.
    Loved the poetry and flow of words..
    Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simran,
    Thank you very much for your lovely compliment!
    Yes, I intend to!
    Blessings♥

    ReplyDelete