About Me

Monday, June 4, 2012

Lips of the Brokenhearted


I
I kiss the lips of the brokenhearted
And fill the hours since she departed
but you won't let me get too close
So I'll just have to make the most
Of the minutes that your mind's not still on her
Don't you dare fall in love with me
There's just no room for you to be
Beside the one inside my heart
Even though it's torn apart
By a shadow that is hanging on the wall
It seems I won't be held tonight
Cause I can't seem to get things right
No not today
Not in this way
I guess I'm meant to be alone
Love's away and won't come home
And I miss its touch
I miss it so damn much
And I know it wouldn't be fair
To run my fingers through your hair
While you're wishing that she were here
Instead of me
That's reality
I've got to face that you're not mine
You'll never be my valentine
Roses won't ever come
No not from you
That just wouldn't do
I kiss the lips of the brokenhearted
And fill the hours since she departed
But you won't let me get too close
So I'll just have to make the most
Of the minutes that your mind's not still on her

©Kay Salady

No comments:

Post a Comment