About Me

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Muse



Secretly you’re testing me to see how far I’ll go
I can feel you’re testing me but I won’t let you know
I play along and watch the song and dance that you perform
It feeds my inspiration and your passion keeps me warm
This night is long and lonely and my river’s all but dry
Searching for life’s meaning and I’m empty though I try
To rid myself of all that’s hidden in my heavy heart
You pick the lock with your sweet talk that rips the seams apart
Fantasies unearth themselves from corners in my mind
Bathed in velvet darkness you so softly touch and bind
Against the shadows that we make beneath the silver moon
Breathless oh so breathless I am trembling as I swoon
Wanting to be lovers on a bed of satin bliss
Satiating hunger with the thought of passion’s kiss
Rolling with the thunder of this aching deep inside
As pulses from the energy makes hairs begin to rise
I’m wondering if you feel it too in my anticipation
Helpless oh so helpless in all of my frustration
So coyly you remove yourself you smoothly slip away
Leaving me alone in doubt with so much left to say
I dream of you within my night and touch myself in morning
Wondering when you will return to me without a warning

©Kay Salady


Image Credit: http://bersty.deviantart.com/art/passion-58603396

5 comments:

  1. Impressive blog. Good that you found me, for by that I have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Kay,
    Very moving and passionate. Yes, this is my style (smile). You are very talented my friend. Don't ever stop writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andy! I don't think that I can.

      Delete
  3. Kay, I am happy to inform you that you won 2nd place in the Springs Poetry Slam. There is an award for you can display how you wish. In addition, you will receive a copy of our first print book coming out in July. Thank you for participating.
    follow this link for your award http://loungeofslam.wordpress.com/2012/05/20/winners-of-the-spring-poetry-slam/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am truly honored.

      Delete