About Me

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

There is No Love


In the City of Dread

On a Street of Despair

As I lie on my face

Wishing that you still care

I lift up my hands

To the almighty sky

Begging for one more day

As I fall down to cry

For there is no love

Only your love exists

In the core of my heart

You’re the one that I miss

Wherever I am

And whatever I do

Every breath that I take

I have done it for you

You’re the best that’s in me

You’re the dream of my life

‘Til the day that I die

I am your loving wife

In the City of Dread

Faces turn as I go

Wishing that I were dead

For loving you so

In a world that’s not free

On a Street named Despair

I am down on my knees

Praying that you were there

To carry me far

To a land just for two

That accepts the sweet love

That’s between me and you

Forever my dear

I will honor your heart

Far beyond this sad world

That has torn us apart

In the City of Dread

On a Street of Despair

As I lie on my face

Wishing that you still care

I lift up my hands

To the almighty sky

Begging for one more day

As I fall down to cry

For there is no love

Only your love exists

In the core of my heart

You’re the one that I miss


©Kay Salady

No comments:

Post a Comment