About Me

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pockets of Shame


You find your way into my mind

On a path of impenetrable darkness

And I am that bearer of sadness

My dress yielding pockets of stones

Yet I am that which I am

For you run through these vagrant veins

That ache within flesh that is dying

Reluctant to suppress all my need



Perhaps on the ‘morrow I’ll search

For that which today I’ve dismissed

Today I am unable to tolerate

All the anguish the fear and contempt

Wrought from a love that has nurtured

A manner of putting to shame

All of the dreams we had honored

Instilling a hope and a trust



But now I erase them from memory

And push you away from my life



I’ll carry these pockets of stones

Sewing new ones whenever I need

To gather the stones that you throw

On the path on your way back to me

Yes I am that which I am

You run through these vagrant veins

For I am that bearer of sadness

In a dress filled with pockets of shame

©Kay Salady

No comments:

Post a Comment