About Me

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Inhaling the Blue




As you sank to sea
I reached out for you
When you took my hand
I inhaled the blue
From the weeping soul
Deep inside your chest
And I held it in
Because I loved you best

So I held your love
Instead of holding you
‘Neath the swirling waves
Of your endless blue
You reached out your hand
And I reached out mine
Then I pulled away
In the nick of time

For so many years
I tried to rise above
The rushing waves
Of your endless love
As I tried to bring
Your sweet lips to mine
I inhaled your sea
And its salty brine
When I asked God
To lead me straight to you
I had no idea
That you’d drown me too




©Kay Salady

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kay!Enjoyed the post, loved the read...Thank you for stopping by! I really do appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment...I read each and everyone of them. I hope your day is a good one and that you will come back again soon. Greetings from Rio de Janeiro/Brasil!
    Nelson Souzza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nelson! You can also find my writing at http://kaysalady.wordpress.com/
    My greetings to you from Arizona, USA!
    Kay Salady ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for comming by my page, this is a mooving poem and I am glad I got the chance to read it.
    Wander

    ReplyDelete