About Me

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Obsession


“I want to feel the beauty of obsession.”



You are fixated on that place

Where I will make him die for me

As you lay staring at my face

So all alone you cry for me

Wishing you could go

Where I will take my lover

Wishing you could know

And somehow could discover

All the sweet delights

That I reserve for him

On sultry summer nights

When silky perfumed skin

Beads with urgent sweat

As fingers clench his hair

Moving to a beat

Familiar and yet rare

As shadows on a wall

Dance within your mind

You gaze into my eyes

Complacently unkind


©Kay Salady
all rights reserved

11 comments:

  1. Flying all the way just to see you and say hello...and wish you all the best for this new week. Great post! Visit me too. Good night, wonderful dreams…
    Greeting for you from Rio de Janeiro/Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful poem....Lush and Hot....


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to go take a cold shower! Excellent! laurie @ Battling My Inner Critic

    ReplyDelete
  4. "complacently unkind" - a twist to the sensual write.

    Seems he wants to discover that spot too....

    nice perspective ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. agree with Heaven - complacently unkind, was a suprising but a fitting ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems that you gave him much to be obsessed about. A rather steamy write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This shows the cruelty that in-love-once-upon-a time-lovers can inflict on themselves when it all turns sour. It is well portrayed in mood and emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last line caught me. This is a wonderfully sensuous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments!

    Yours truly,

    Kay Salady

    ReplyDelete