About Me

Friday, July 23, 2010

My Mind is Frozen



My mind is frozen, and I want so much to leave

There are no words to feed your soul today

I fight for air, and I am trying hard to breathe

Struggling, as you force my will to make me stay

Last night, I slept, so soundly, as a baby in my bed

And, yet, I sit and listen to you pull me down so deep

With endless talk that swims around inside my head

Subliminally, it tells my mind that all I want is sleep

I try, so hard, to focus on the endless, mindless chatter

Berating me for all your pain each day I come to see

If just one time, I may find that you may think I matter

But, once again, I sit and cry in my humility . . .

©Kay Salady
all rights reserved

4 comments:

  1. Your words convey the pain. Well done. And thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No complicated words. No long and around about sentences.
    Simple and straight to the point.
    Like this a lot!

    ReplyDelete